ABC 6 News, the Hubbard Broadcasting ABC affiliate in Rochester and Austin, Minnesota, has an opening for a Morning Anchor. This position is based in our state-of-the-art HD Facility in fast growing Rochester, Minnesota. Home of the world renowned Mayo Cllinic. This is not an entry-level position.
We're looking for a news junkie...someone who checks their morning news feeds when they wake up, before they go to bed and over the weekend. We're looking for someone who stays informed and wants to inform others; someone who can think on their feet and get out from behind the anchor desk; someone who pitches stories, turns them and fronts them from the field when necessary. We're looking for someone who understands the power of social media and how it impacts the 4 hours of daily news we produce Monday-Friday, as well as our weekend newscasts.
- Bachelor Degree in journalism or equivalent field.
- Minimum 2 Years of experience as an Anchor/Reporter.
- Exceptional communication skills, oral and written.
- Experience in commercial TV news.
- Professional, consistent on-air appearance.
- Quick and effective decision making,live ad-libbing and maintaining performance under extreme pressure.
- Highly developed public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read TelePrompTer
- Must be able to accomodate shift changes and extended hours.
- To be considered, applicants must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record for use of station vehicles.
- To be considered, applicants must submit a demo reel or a link to their work.
- A passion for local programming and a solid understanding of the Midwest are highly desirable.
- To be considered, applicants must have a valid driver's license and clean driver's record dating back 3 years, for use of station vehicles.
- Assist in selecting stories for broadcast, researching, writing and gathering newscast content.
- Present live on TV both unscripted and scripted news reports.
- Maintain extensive community contacts and awareness of local and national current events.
- Write for station's website, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Make monthly promotional community appearances.
- Maintain appropriate and strict standards regarding wardrobe, hair, cosmetics and grooming.
- Provide newsroom leadership and contribute to overall team efforts.
If you are interested in joining our aggressive news team, send a cover letter detailing your news philosophy, resume, and non-returnable DVD or link to your demo reel.